Thursday, August 9, 2012

Three things Thursday

1. Today is going to be a twofer day. I actually got up and ran this morning (what?) and still have VERY good intentions of running again tonight. My hope is to acclimate my body to running more than once a day for the relay. Kind of short notice to my body as the relay is next weekend, but some is better than none right?

2. I am trying to get as prepared as possible for the non-running parts of the relay, and my stomach is almost in constant knots thinking of what else I could do or bring. Maybe my hope is that if I bake enough different kinds of "healthy" cookies it will make up for the fact that I may very well have to walk some in my legs :( Sad, right? Jesse always compares me to Monica from "Friends" where I like to bake for other's affection. Worked so far.

Looks just like that!
3. This weekend I will be too busy to do much relay prep as it is Logger's Jubilee. It's Jesse's hometown hick festival complete with lawn mower races, log rolling, and a 10k. I was hoping to join Jesse in the 10k this year as a tune up for the relay, but injuries always prevail! Instead I will be downgrading to the ever casual 2 mile fun run. Let's just hope I survive it, and, of course, the street dance that night! We will also be taking in the local theater's production of Wizard of Oz. It promises to be a great night!

No comments: