Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Derailed

Thomas and I, comrades!
Neither the ice on my knee nor the Advil pulsing through my veins can alleviate my true pain, frustration! Once again, I have been benched. What did it this time? Pain and swelling in my knees. Jesse thinks it is a pulled or strained tendon or something like that. Apparently, not something to train on. Even walking makes the pain worse! That means C25k is on hold for a week while I take it easy. Just when I was super loving it too! I have never been so excited to go out and run, so it makes me really sad to be hurt. The kicker is, I took things super slow and easy this time. Lots of walking first, and then running super slowly. Apparently my body just hates running! Which of course is no good since I have signed up for my first half in June! Our hotel is booked and even if I have to crawl the whole thing, I am not missing it this year! Ok, thanks for letting me vent! Guess this frees up lots of time to work on my Halloween party!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man. Take your coach's advice and let it get better. You'll be back before you know it!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hang in there!!! You have plenty of time before June.

Stephanie Anne said...

Take care of those knees & feels better soon!