Monday, October 17, 2011

Virtually running for CUPCAKES!

You can still sign up!
I signed up to do Run w/ Jess's virtual race, and even though it didn't really start till today, I took advantage of my one open morning and ran it on Saturday with my sister. The plan was to just use this as my third C25k run, but extend it by quite a few minutes. Spoiler, we finished all 3.7 miles. I am sad to say it looked iffy for a while when my weak tummy came knocking, but we just dialed back a bit and got through. Pretending like it was a real race, I will give you the nonstop action in a mile by mile breakdown.

My sister Erica and I. Made the picture small bc mornings do not become me!
Mile 1- 5 min walk warmup, 90 sec run/ 90 sec walk, drank some water
Mile 2- 90 sec run/ 90 sec walk, tummy came a callin, drank some water, took off my long sleeve shirt (wait it gets better)
Mile 3- 90 sec run/ 90 sec walk, then 60 sec run/ 90 sec walk (what the plan actually called for) drank some water, sister thought we were done (psych!)
Mile .7- 60 sec run/ 90 sec walk, walk cool down, drank some water, checked out watch
Time- 47:28 wow! Truthfully, less than I thought, I was guessing an hour! Using my trusty computer calculator, I have deduced that my pace was faster than that of my first 5k! Ouch!
Post Race-took some bad photos...

All sweaty and red!

Signature Amanda pose!
waved goodbye to admiring fans (confused kids on playground), headed to Safeway, rewarded self with Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!
yum!
I know it was supposed to be cupcakes, but we were headed to my parents' house to make cookies later so figured the cupcakes were a bad idea! So to recap my recap, I did get tired, but I survived. Despite the struggle I was pleased with our pace and with how sore I felt the next day! Love that feeling. Good luck to everyone else running for cupcakes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Running for cupcakes sounds like so much fun. My boys would be chasing me out the door!
Looks like you and your sister had a blast - and a yummy drink after.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Woohoo! I m heading out to do mine today.

Unknown said...

You are so cute! :) Congrats!