Thursday, January 12, 2012

Told Ya!




I did it, last night I spent some quality time with my treadmill. Even though I didn't have the opportunity until after 9, I still got my butt dressed and onto our mill (which I think I will nickname "The Sponge" for all the sweat of Jesse's it has to absorb!) We had a good time, nothing to stressful, Jesse has me starting RIDICULOUSLY slow. Like under 3 mph slow. I played with the incline a bit to amp it up, but if I went too high I could start to feel my knees. They can't get hurt again. I am determined to actually RUN the half in June.
Even though I was watching Biggest Loser while doing it (btw what is with whiny Bob?), I still found myself getting kind of bored since I wasn't being that challenged. Do you guys have any tricks to keep the workout interesting when you are just walking?

Run For Your LivesAnd in other exciting news, a national race series is coming to my little 'ol hometown of Onalaska, WA! The Run For Your Lives race is using a plot of land there to make their zombie infested, 5k obstacle course. Sad to say, they didn't inform me about personally, but luckily I found out about it from Zoe, who was thinking about doing it. I have always wanted to do one of these 5k obstacle, fun runs and the fact that I will also be chased by zombies is just a huge bonus! Who else feels the need to run for your life? After the race we can celebrate at the one restaurant (burger bar) in town! So pumped!

Ok, so plan for tonight, gym (more treadmill walking and maybe some elliptical) then pool with the boys. Two days in a row will be a recent record for me.

4 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Great job getting on the tread mill, even if it was late!
A zombie run sounds like so much fun!

Unknown said...

I usually eat when watching BL, so inspired by you and others that workout during it, haha.

I agree, Bob is whiny. But, I know the producers slice and dice and create the story they want us to see. I do like Bob's haircut this season, last season it was long and kind of weird.

Run with Jess said...

I find walking SO BORING now too. In fact, I now find myself on the bike instead cause I can't stand walking the treadmill.
Love Biggest Loser!

Julie D. said...

Great job, Tressa! keep it up!