Thursday, January 26, 2012

Three Things Thursday (Just Keep Walking)

1. It's true what they say, you don't regret the workouts you do, only the ones you don't. On my checklist for today was a walk or wii dance, some kind of cardio, but by 9:30 I still hadn't fit it in. It was a go,go, go type day and I was feeling it. The bed was soft, Riley was almost asleep and I wanted to join her. But one glare from the hubs let me know I was getting on the treadmill. By 10 minutes in, I was so glad I had. It always feel better to get your sweat on than not.

2. One of the reasons it was such a good walk (besides watching Bobs team lose on BL) was that Jesse gave me some help with my form to make running and my knee better. I am a puller not a pusher. Normally, I stride out really far in front and then pull my self forward, which I am sure you all know is a no no. With some work, I think I can get better at landing underneath my body and then pushing off. Already I was able to get up to 3.2 with no pain! Yay!

3. So do you ever bribe yourself to run? Last night I felt like I needed one to get on the mill, so I told myself earlier in the day, if I walked for 30 min I could have either a PB Choc. protein drink or a bowl of ice cream. Yes, it was between those two things, I love the protein drink! By the time I finished the walk, though, 10:30, it felt too late to eat either, so I didn't get my bribe. I woke up this morning feeling like I still earned it, so I should still get it. Guess what I had for breakfast...


It was a close call between this and the ice cream, but it was BREAKFAST after all. But it was still close!

So now, I feel run down, short of breath, and have a headache, not the best start to a day. Suppose that means it is going to be an easy day! No big projects, just watching the Nadal/Federer match and trying to get some sleep! Hope your Thursday goes well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We received a Keurig coffee maker, and I love the Tully's decaf they make for it (Tully's reminds me fondly of YGG, maybe that's why I like it so much). No run, no coffee. Usually gets me out the door. Bribes do work.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Great jo doing your sorkout even though you just really wanted to go to bed :)

I bribe myself all the time :)

Julie D. said...

nice job getting on the treadmill! you shake looks yummy!

Unknown said...

I always smile after a workout when I totally don't want to do it but end up loving it. That happens more times than I wish to admit!