Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Secrets Revealed!

Well, the time has finally come to explain my absence from the blogging world...I don't know how to say it poetically so I'll just blurt it out. Coach knocked me up. Dang, men! Yep, we oopsed again and now I've got a bun in the oven. I had a scare the month before and was sort of relieved when it turned out I wasn't. You think we would have been more careful, but you've seen Coach in those boots, hard to resist! So, now begins months of hardship on my body. I am always really sick for the first few months and moving is not easy, putting running way out of the picture. Then near the end, my pelvic bone separates making every movement excruciating, again there will be no running. So you see its not that we don't want more kids, its just that it takes me so completely out of the game, that we were hoping to wait a while longer. I had lots of plans for this year, especially running/triathlon wise and I selfishly wanted to accomplish them. That half-marathon that I already signed up and paid for, about a week before my due date (beginning of July), it's definitely out.

The proof- yes I just posted a pic of a stick I peed on!

I'm not trying to seem all down about this, I am happy that we are adding to our family, and if it is a girl, I will be even more thrilled. It just usually takes me a few months, till I can stand and eat again, to get excited about it. But, unfortunately when I feel this sick, reading and writing blogs falls by the wayside and I hate that. I miss you guys. It sounds dumb, but I don't like not knowing what you're up to. I will try to stay in contact as much as possible and we still have more giveaways to do. Plus, there is always Coach if he can find the time. My saint of a husband has been working all day, then coming home and taking of the boys, the house, and me. It doesn't leave him time for much else, but I will try and force him to take a break and let you all know what he is up to. For now it is all about waiting this out. I also have some more blood tests to do for lyme disease again as the first round showed that I did have a prior infection. More waiting for that.

I really hope you are all doing well and accomplishing your goals. Don't forget that we do have a giveaway going on that ends tonight. Two winners will get their pick from Bondi Band! Just clickety HERE to enter. Hope to catch up with you all soon!

37 comments:

RunKnitRun said...

Congratulations! Maybe you can start making post-baby racing plans for the end of next year?

Stephanie Anne said...

congrats!!!

mommaof3ontherun said...

Congrats

Patrick Mahoney said...

awesome, congrats!

Stacie said...

Congrats!!! Of course I cheated and knew already :) I just want you to know I'm here for you anytime. Call, text, blog and I'll be on my way.

Did you see I have a Yurbuds giveaway? You guys better sign up.

Pahla said...

Exciting news - congratulations!! Thanks for the picture of the stick you peed on. :-) I sure hope you feel better quickly and can stay (somewhat) active during your pregnancy.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How exciting. I hope it's a girl too!

Amanda@runninghood said...

How Exciting! What a joy...I know that we already have 3 kids and are probably done. There is just so much of me that is sad at the idea of never having that experience again...finding out you are prego can be one of the most exciting experiences life has to offer! i'm also one of those crazy people that LOVEs being prego too! So excited for you. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

The Boring Runner said...

Congratulations!! We totally took a picture of the pee-stick too. Although, you def one-upped me and posted it online!

For the record - I couldn't resist the boots either if I were you.

Genesis said...

congrats to you and the coach :) maybe the coach can run your already paid for half!

Aimee said...

I know how you must be feeling about not being able to do your running/tri plans for next year, and it's o-kay to feel that way. But, having a baby is so exciting!! Yay!! I really hope that this pregnancy goes smoother for you, so you're not so "out of the game."

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That's so amazing! I loved how you broke it to us too, "Coach knocked me up" and a picture of your pee stick!?! I would expect nothing less. Now you've just got extra time to fantasize about your amazing post baby race schedule! Huge congrats again, very exciting news!

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

Oh my goodness!! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is awesome!! It may not have happened at the "right" moment as you can't do the half marathon now... but what an awesome blessing!! :D I'm so happy for you both! :)

Average Woman Runner said...

Yeah! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Nice work Coach & MOST Adorable Wifey :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness... YAY! Congrats you two!

Unknown said...

Babies! Congrats!

Kayla said...

Congrats!!! That is super exciting! Hope you start to feel a little better soon though!!!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Fantastic News!

Karen Seal said...

Wow Congratulations!! I hope this pregnancy goes very smooth for you!

Quinton J said...

WHOOPT THERE IT IS! Congrats on that. I never doubted coach for a second.

You peed on that thing...go wash your hands.

KovasP said...

Congratulations! And Coach, you are the man.

Leah F said...

Congratulations!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Congrats! I will keep my fingers crossed for a GIRL!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Way to go Coach!!! *High Five*

In seriousiness, congrats to the both of you

Allison said...

Congratulations :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Go Coach :)
I hope that you have a healthy and happy pregnancy. Who knows--maybe if it is a girl it will be totally different this time.
Best wishes to both of you!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Every pregnancy is different. I say you are going to have a wonderful pregnancy and you will enjoy the experince of growing and carrying a new life into the world. (how's that for some positive talk!)
I have 2 boys and 1 girl. The boys were/are easier for the most part. But I am soo glad I have my daughter!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Congrats! Super excited for you and Coach!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

jess said...

Congratulations to the both of you! I pray that you have a healthy, wonderful, and happy pregnancy.

Zoë said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!

TutuRunner said...

congrats on the big news!

Rae said...

Yay!!!! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys! GIRL DUST!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You know I am DEFINITELY keeping my fingers crossed for a little girl! Then I will get to send you a matching "Run like a girl" shirt!

Krista

Julie D. said...

Congrats, Tressa! Hope you have a great pregnancy!

gmontalvo13 said...

haha, coach knocked you up! congrats to you both! how exciting!