Friday, September 16, 2011

I've begun to run!

Yes, you read right. I ran! Ok, jogged would be a more accurate term in this case, but I was moving faster than a walk. I hadn't planned on it, last night was supposed to be Zumba, but our instructor was out sick and R.I.P.P.E.D. looked a bit too intense for me, so I landed on the treadmill next to Jesse. He was doing a tempo run of 4 miles at a 7:15 pace and being next to that going a turtle's 18:00 pace was too much to take! When my next lap hit I bumped it up to a lightening 13:00 pace. It wasn't too taxing, mostly I found it hard on my under worked joints like my knees! But I stuck with it for a whole lap, which is not far I know, and then after resting for one lap and I did another. Coach was wary of my doing too much, and I was too, so after my 3rd lap I switched to the stair climber.


Post run sweaty photo!

I really need more practice with the self portrait shot!
Can I tell you it felt great to run! Yes, my boobs still bounced too much and my knees and ankles hurt, but it was great to be moving! I know I still need to stick with baby steps and take it slow, but I already have visions of Portland RnR! Actually, speaking of visions, after realizing last night that YGG was THIS weekend, I must have been stressing a bit, because I had a dream where I was asked to run as part of a relay for it last minute (yes, I realize it isn't a relay!) and when Stacie and Tall Mom picked me up I had forgotten a ton of stuff, like tops! Deep Breath. I am now spending my day getting Riley and I all ready so I can just meet Stacie in Tacoma after my walk. It will be a busy weekend, but also a great one!

Good Luck to all the Racers out there! And everyone else, have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you got this weekend all figured out. There's a special "route" for spectators on the YGG website. Thought of you and Riley-we need cheers all over the course!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Yay for running again!

Julie D. said...

yahooo!! proud of you, tressa. that first time back again after baby is the hardest mentally and physically. It's only easier from here. Nice job!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! See you in the morning!