Friday, September 9, 2011

Walking for Peyton!



It was a little over a year ago that my oldest son, Peyton, was diagnosed with Autism. Since then he has made great strides with the help of preschool, therapy, and workshops we've been able to attend. Through the efforts of other's research and time our son is becoming an active part of our family. Now, our youngest son, Brady, is also showing symptoms of being on the spectrum. This news was both crushing and yet somewhat expected. He tends to be even more withdrawn then Peyton was. It is weird how different their symptoms are. But I am hopeful that with help, I will be able to communicate and interact with Brady just like I had always dreamed and imagined. I know I can't do this on my own.

Now, it is time for me to give back. I am excited about this, and as soon as I saw the Walk Now for Autism Speaks event I knew that was what I wanted to do. They are having one in Seattle at the Seattle Center on Sat. Sept. 17th. Yes, it is coming up quick! In an ideal world, I wanted to do an awesome giveaway for donations, but with Riley's arrival, I never got it done. At this point, I would love any donations you feel like giving. They can easily be done online, but they have to be at least $20, or you can mail any amount using the donation form. Realistically, though, I know money is tight for everyone, so donations are great if you can give them, but what I would really love now is to just help raise awareness and start to build a great team, that can do some awesome fundraising next year!

If you are anywhere near the Seattle area, and have a free Saturday, I would love to have you walk with us! Our whole family, including the kiddos, are walking. They have a kiddie area and lots of info available. Even if you aren't able to walk with us, you can still join the team and fundraise for us. Because Peyton is a super hero to me, our team name is Team Super Peyton! You can use this to find our team and join, or donate, but I will also leave the link http://www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=447523&u=447523-326369672 to hopefully make it easier. Also, you can just click on the thermometer to the right, and she'll get you right there!

Thanks for all the support and I hope to see some of you there! If you have any questions about it, feel free to email me at tressaabe11 at hotmail dot com!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I cannot walk with you (although I'd love to), but we'll be out of town. I can however donate! I hope you are able to reach your goals! And congrats on being able to help your children ;o)

Unknown said...

Hey, I will host a giveaway for you! I am involved with Autism Speaks in Arizona and they are a great group! Hang in there, you are not alone!

Email me at krista@chick9clothing.com and I will tell you my idea!