Thursday, September 29, 2011

TTT The inquisitive edition!



1. I have been anxiously awaiting the mass amounts of hormones to leave my body so I could dive into the world of Hunger Games. The buzz around them is great, but I just can't handle that much death in my more delicate state. On Thursday last week, I finally picked up the last one and have been lost in their world ever since. Yesterday, I finally finished the last one and am still in a Hunger Games daze. I really shouldn't be allowed to read, because once I start a book, I have to finish it, like right then. My poor husband has been missing a wife the last few days, but he has taken it very well, even doing the dishes I had neglected to do! As for a review, I really liked the first two, and felt horribly disappointed by the third. Isn't that always the way! Now I am looking forward to the movies, because I was never able to fully picture what this world looked like.

Are you reading any good books or have any recommendations for another good one to get lost in?

2. Speaking of lost, that is how I have been feeling at the gym. Maybe confused is a better word. Mostly it revolves around my Zumba class. I really like it, and I do work up a decent sweat, but I work up a much bigger one when I just do cardio on my own. My time at the gym is very limited because of Riley and I don't know if from a weight loss stand point I am serving myself best by doing the class. MWF I am doing the water aerobics and really love it. I feel like it is toning me back up and repairing me a bit. Plus I get in some water running afterwards, so I don't want to give that up. That leaves T & TH Zumba nights.

So to Zumba or not to Zumba, that really is the question I am asking! What do you think, give it up and sweat it up on my own?

3. This weekend is my hometown's (Onalaska) Apple Harvest Fest, complete with a parade and...a race! Jesse won last year (it is a 5 mile run) and he is hoping to repeat. I am planning on doing the 2 mile walk with all 3 kids, crazy right! I wish I had a double jogger now, but a single will have to do. It is fun to take part in this festival, which is only a few years old, but growing every year. Which begs the question...

Does your hometown have something similar you like to take part of every year?

Ok, I am done grilling you. BUT, don't forget to enter my awesome giveaway HERE. I really do think this program would be any runner's best friend if you are interested in preserving the memories!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Hunger Games. Can't wait for the movie, they better not disappoint.

Zumba, sometimes. I think it's okay to mix it up, even if you don't get the same burn.

We don't really have a festival, but I guess I could count the Art and Air Festival with the balloon launch, right? Good luck walking with all the kids:)

Leah F said...

I've been debating whether or not to read The Hunger Games before the movie comes out. I probably will. Thanks for your insight.

I just finished The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and I think you might like it. It's definitely a world you can get lost in. And it's a stand alone novel so you don't need to worry about reading an entire series. There was one thing that kind of bugged me a bit, but for the most part I really enjoyed it.

LaVonne said...

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series - could not put them down!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Hmm....I've never been a zumba fan. How about spin? I tell you spin whipped me into shape and I felt like I got a killer workout!

Water aerobics is the bomb!!! So glad you are loving it!!!!

I want to find a fall festival around here...maybe I'll search right now. Good luck with all three kiddos!! And good luck to Coach!!!