Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Tidbits!

Sorry we have been MIA the past few days but our fall shows have started we have been injured
and grumpy and lacking in full post material. But luckily it has swirled together for a wonderful post of randomness. And yes I am bringing it to you ya'll bullet style!
  • I am unbelievably excited for tomorrow night's You Go Girl Bloggy Meet Up. It is a gathering of Seattle area blogger/runners and few out of towner guest of honors who are running the race. Now technically Stacie and I aren't running the race, but we are not above crashing an event (ok, we were invited) to stuff our faces with pasta and bread and meet some really cool people! I just can't wait! It will totally be worth the drive.
  • There are some really fun reviews and giveaways coming up so keep your eyes out for those!
  • My knee more than anything is keeping me on the injured reserve list. Oddly it is getting worse, so today I am trying the knee brace and less movement (if I can with two kids) because right now the pain is so bad I can barely walk without crying. Although I think I might know what is making it worse now... more on that in a few days
  • We are searching high and low for a trainer. Used and new. But haven't found one close enough, in our price range, that is quality. If anyone has one that they like if they could share the brand and such that would be great as we are trainer dumb!
  • Right now my favorite snack in the whole world is a sliced apple (gala or fuji) dipped in peanut butter! According to Glamour it is their all time high rated energy snack and I am loving it! What is one of your favorite go to snacks?
  • Last night was the great NBC Thursday night line up. We watch everything but 30 Rock. Community was a solid start ("Is there any room in that pocket for a little spare Chang?" hilarious), The Office was better than it had been in a while, and the new show, Outsourced, wasn't incredibly funny yet but it was a good foundation so we are going to give it a shot. Anybody else have opinions?

That's about it. If I will be seeing you tomorrow, can't wait, if not, then your loss! No, really I hope to meet MOST of you someday. Have an awesome weekend! For those of you running races GOOD LUCK!

13 comments:

Kerrie said...

Sad I'm going to miss the bloggy meet up this time, but I'll be running Sunday. Sounds like I won't get to meet you this time. :(

KovasP said...

I ride a basic cycle-ops trainer that i lucked into at my local thrift store. They are a high quality company.

Rae said...

That is so awesome that you get to go to that bloggy meetup! So jealous! Why must I be on the opposite side of the country?

We dvr office and community, but didn't watch it yet. We also love The Middle, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement,...we like a lot of shows. :)

LB said...

in all my hours and hours of researching trainers....it seems like most people will steer you towards cycleops or kurt kinetic. mag trainers seem to run about 150-170ish for a basic model then fluid trainers jump up to close to 300. i wanted the cycleops fluid 2 but ended up with cycleops mag, i found a kit that had the riser block, trainer, mat, and thong (yes, my bike wears a thong now haha...to keep the sweat off the bike) for little over $200 at dickssporttinggoods. i searched and searched craigslist but got frustrated and just bought a new one.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I am so jealous of the big bloggy/runner meet up. Someday something great will happen on the East coast and everyone will come here.

I try to limit the night's I have "must see" shows. Thursday is not one of them. However the tv was on but I saw some of Love Happens (I think that was the title). Good movie.

Ouch your knee. I hope it's nothing serious.

Snack? Iced pumpkin cookies. Yeah. They are bad but at least I'm honest.

RunToTheFinish said...

sorry about the knee, that always stinks! I oddly found that doing leg lifts and trying to walk some helped with my two different knee injuries because it kept me from getting stiff

the bloggy meet up sounds awesome!!

Unknown said...

I got to watch Community (love, love, love Joel McHale!) and had to DVR the rest of the line up last night. Looking forward to meeting you at the bloggy meet up on Saturday night. Must get those shows watched tonight so I can discuss them with you!

Julie D. said...

have fun at bloggy meet up!

Aimee said...

I'm sorry about your knee! I really hope it gets better soon!

I LOVE apple slices dipped in PB or Almond butter! Yum! Another fav. snack of mine is a mix of almonds and dried cherries/cranberries.

Unknown said...

Seattle sounds like so much fun. I wish I were going to be there. Have some pasta for me!

Take it easy with your knee. Time off now will have a better payoff (i.e. less time off in the end). It's just hard to listen to your body, isn't it.

Chelsea said...

So excited for dinner tonight!!x11billion.

I like to alternate apples w/ sharp cheddar cheese & PB. I also will sometimes do the double dip - first into PB then into dried fruit. NOM NOM NOM.

It's damn near impossible to be immobile - but as someone coming of of an injury that had to immobilized - it's SO WORTH IT. I haven't been as good about watching what I am doing lately & am totally feeling it today. :(

Katye said...

now you are running tomorrow =)

The Boring Runner said...

I have outsourced taped, but haven't watched it yet. It sure has been slammed in the reviews.

That really sucks that you're hurt. Although, I wonder why coach is going to a 'you go girl' bloggy meet up? All I can imagine is him sitting around with a bunch of girls talking about sports bras.