Monday, September 6, 2010

One Big Goal...Accomplished!

This rain soaked photo marks a historic day in my running career. On this day, in this outfit, through this weather, I ran 3.1 miles without walking...for...the...first...time! YAY! I should have been able to get here a LONG time ago, but injuries and illnesses have really been setting me back and I am just completing this goal. However, it still feels great! I don't know if it was the rain, the tri coming up, or the 17 hilly miles biked yesterday (k, probably not that one) but I really wanted to check this goal off my list and I was feeling it. Even when my hip started killing around the last mile and I had to slightly hobble run, I didn't stop. I had to complete it TONIGHT. Coach was a little pissed when he found out about my hip, but I immediately hopped in the comforts of an ice bath and stretched it out and will take it easy the rest of the week like a good patient. But I don't care about the pain right now, or his evil glares. This just feels too good. Now I know I can do it and THAT feels amazing. Anyways, from all the babies and miles I am a bit tuckered and Stacie will be here at 5:15 AM to whisk me away to lap heaven in hopes we can both do 400 meters in under 30min! Bet those lifeguards aren't ready for a show like this. I bid you adieu with a lovely, sweaty, precipitationy (yep made it up), yet elated photo of moi! Enjoy! Hope you all had a great Labor Day Weekend!
Notice the super cute headband courtesy of Laurie's great giveaway!

16 comments:

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

AMAZING! Great job accomplishing a goal! Way to go my dear, and NOICE sweaty picture!

mommaof3ontherun said...

Great job!

P said...

Woo hooo - yay for you!!

Sarah said...

I'm in the same place, I should have been doing 3 miles for a long time now, but every time I hit 1.5 or 2 I think, "Oh that was good enough." Wednesday I'm gonna grab the 3. GO YOU!

Zaneta said...

YAY you!!! What an awesome accomplishment!! Hope your hip gets better soon!! and I hope you had fun this morning! :)

Molly said...

Congrats on a great milestone!!!

Megan said...

a 5k is a good distance to be able to run without stopping. I bet now that you've reached this distance you'll start going farther with a lot more ease. Way to go!

Courtney said...

YAY!!! Congrats! I bet you still feel awesome even with a bum hip ;)

Rae said...

Yay! Congrats on running 3.1 miles straight! That is a huge accomplishment!!

Laurie said...

Great job! I noticed the headband, glad you got the package. :) Hope it worked to keep your hair back even in all the rain.

busyrunningmama said...

yAY!! Yay for 3.1 miles! You rock! Can't wait till I can say I did 3.1 again. Walking and running daily and getting there slowly!! Great job!!!

Tricia said...

whoohooo congrats!

Julie said...

Congrats!! that is awesome!!! Tell "Coach", you'll make it up to him. :)

Stacie said...

Congrats!!! I knew you could do it.

Thanks for hitting the pool with me this morning. Saturday is going to be an adventure :)

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Woo-hoo! Awesome accomplishment! And I saw on your DailyMile that you made it through your swim as well! Congrats.

Cynthia O'H said...

Awesome job. Seriously, though, I don't know how you found the time to fit that in this weekend. Did you sleep?